Good to know
Waldhaus spa etiquette
Some practical advice to help you feel at ease and make the most of your time in the Waldhaus Spa.
Daily from 7 am to 8 pm
Wed/Sat from 7 am to 9 pm
Daily from 7 am to 9 pm
Wed/Sat from 7 am to 10 pm
Day and season tickets
» find out more
- The pool and sauna areas are not monitored — parents are responsible for their children.
- Please switch off your mobile phone for the duration. Cameras are not allowed anywhere on the spa premises.
- No pets are allowed in the Waldhaus Spa, including in the reception, outdoor areas and the sunbathing lawn.
- The spa is non-smoking except for the outdoor area in front of the mixed sauna. In summer, ashtrays are also provided at the pool bar by the sunbathing lawn.
- Please refrain from using the pool or sauna facilities if you have an acutely inflammatory or infectious illness, or are affected by tuberculosis, psychosis, a recent heart attack or a venous thrombosis. A sauna is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy. Should you feel unwell, please leave the pool/sauna and alert spa personnel.
- iPods can be hired from the spa reception if you want to add a soundtrack to your visit.
- Locker keys are available from the reception, for a small deposit.
- The hotel does not accept liability for articles damaged or lost.
- Valuables can be stowed in the safe at the spa reception.
- Children aged 12 and older can use the poolscape unaccompanied. Children aged 11 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Swim nappies, armbands and goggles can be borrowed from spa reception
- For the comfort of other spa users, please shower before bathing, and tie long hair back.
- Please do not jump into the pools. Please note the depth of each pool (indoor pool 125-135 cm, outdoor poolscape 125-135 cm, swimming pond 30-166 cm).
- Guests aged 17 or older may use the saunascape unaccompanied. Children aged between12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The whole indoor saunascape is a clothing-free area. Bathing suits must be worn on the path to the in-ground sauna and swimming pond.
- There is a separate sauna area for the exclusive use of our female guests.
- A red emergency button is provided next to the door of each sauna cabin. Press this to alert staff at the spa reception for immediate assistance.
- Please take a shower after using the sauna before entering the poolscape.
Fitness and callisthenics areas
- The minimum age for use of equipment in these areas is 17. Children between 12 and 16 years old may use the training room (except the treadmills) if accompanied by a parent.
- Training is allowed only with sports shoes and sportswear. Pool shoes, slippers and socks without shoes are not permitted, for reasons of safety.
- Sportswear can be borrowed free of charge from the spa reception.
- Our sport programme lists the current fitness and relaxation classes.
- These are free of charge for guests of the hotel or guests with a valid wellness or fitness ticket.
- The solarium is open to guests over 16 years old.
- To help ensure no ill effects from the UV radiation, remove any cosmetics and fragrance before using the solarium. Contact lenses should not be worn.
- Please always use the goggles provided for your own safety.
- Guests with skin type 1 should refrain from using the sunbed
For treatments, we recommend wearing:
- Bathrobe, slippers, bathing suit or underclothing for classic treatment - Comfortable sportswear for shiatsu massage.
- The lomi lomi nui and hammam treatments are best experienced without clothing. Disposable underclothing is available if you prefer, and guests are always kept covered with a sheet.
- If you have not had a treatment here before, please come to the spa reception 15 minutes before your appointment to complete a brief health form.
- Please note that if you appear late for a treatment, your allotted time may have to be curtailed, in consideration of other guests. No refunds can be given.
- If unable to attend your appointment, please cancel it at least 24 hours in advance. We are otherwise obliged to charge the full amount for the treatment booked
- We recommend avoidance of heavy meals and alcoholic drinks before your massage.
- We also recommend use of the sauna or steam room before your massage. This warms up your muscles, making the relaxing effect of the massage more palpable. A warm shower before the massage is also beneficial, as clean pores can better absorb the fine massage oils we use.
- Drink plenty of tea or water after the massage, and refrain from physical exertion. A period of repose in the resting room or in your hotel room is highly advisable after any massage.
Food and drink
- You are cordially invited to spend the entirety of the first and last days of your stay in Waldhaus Spa free of charge.
- It is perfectly acceptable to wear your bathrobe from your room to the spa. Secure lockers are also of course available. Valuables can be stowed in the safe at the Waldhaus Spa reception.
Children and babies
- The spa area is dedicated to restful, peaceful and relaxing bathing. Parents and children are therefore asked to observe the kids' pool times in winter as follows: Quiet time 7 am – 3 pm and 6 pm – 9/10 pm Kids time (fun and splash zone) 3 pm – 6 pm Children under 12 years are not allowed in the spa area in after 6 pm in the winter season.
- Swim nappies can be obtained free of charge from the Waldhaus Spa reception. There is a baby changing table in the accessible WC.
If you have any questions or comments, or if there is anything you have forgotten, please speak to the Waldhaus Spa reception staff, who will be happy to assist.